Friday, July 20th
WELCOME PARTY | 5pM | Tigiwon community house | Minturn, CO
- Come join us for appetizers, drinks, and the great outdoors!
- Kids are welcome.
- Attire: keep it casual
- Directions: From Denver, take interstate 70 west to exit 171 (approx. 105 miles). Take highway 24 south through the town of Minturn to the Tigiwon Road/Forest Service Road 707 and turn right. Follow the Tigiwon Road to the house (approx. 6 miles). It looks more like a cabin than a house. The road to the house is narrow and rocky, but passable for most passenger cars.
- Cabin has vault toilets.
Saturday, July 21st
wedding & reception | 4-10PM | piney river ranch
- We encourage everyone to take our free shuttles up to the venue, as the access road is long, unpaved, and rocky.
- Shuttles will leave the Vail Transportation Center at 3:00pm to head up to Piney River Ranch. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early.
- Shuttles will leave from Piney River Ranch at 10:00pm to head back to the Vail Transportation Center.
- If you choose to drive, the travel time from the exit off the highway to the venue is about 45 minutes.
- We know you love your kids and we love them too, but due to the capacity of the venue we're unable to invite them.
- Attire: keep it classy
From I-70, take Exit 176 for Vail. Take your first right through the round-a-bout on to North Frontage Road (you will now be traveling on the north side of the interstate).
At Red Sandstone Road (.5 miles), turn right, and follow the paved road until about 0.7 miles. Just before the sharp curve to the right - the dirt road you need to take will be straight ahead, turn here. There should be a large green Forest Service sign indicating this is Red Sandstone Road #700 (reset your odometer here).
Continue for about 2.7 miles to a fork in the road at Lost Lake Road (#786). Do not turn right—keep left here to stay on Red Sandstone Road.
Around mile 6.5 you will pass Red and White Mtn Road/FSR 734 which forks to the left - Stay straight. At mile 6.7 you will pass another fork to the left for Muddy Pass/Moniger Road. Stay straight.
When you are just over two miles from the ranch, you will cross a small bridge over Piney River. Follow the road as it curves to the right, where you will see a sign for Piney Lake two miles ahead.
You will reach a Forest Service parking lot on the right at mile 10.65 before the entrance to Piney River Ranch. If you are only hiking, we request you park in this lot. The trailhead is on the north side of the parking lot (left side of the parking lot as one faces the Piney River Ranch entrance). If visiting the ranch, you may drive further to our parking lot.
Sunday, July 22nd
outing at the lake | 1pm | Piney river lake
- We'll be hanging out at the lake on Sunday if you'd like to come join us.
- Stand up paddle boards and canoes are available for rent at the lake.
- There are also great hiking trails!
- If you get hungry, there is a restaurant at the ranch with everything from tacos to BBQ.
- Directions: See directions to Piney River Ranch above.